Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Return of the Joaquin!

That's correct folks! I have returned from my five day holiday in Sydney and I had a lotta fun. Although it is scary how a lot of Sydneysiders have a strange attraction towards PDA (public displays of affection), as well as rampant public making out, and I'm not talking the innocent stuff either! Right in the middle of Darling Harbour, one of the busiest tourist hubs in the world, and it's like a freakin' R rated movie I tells ya! I had a grand old time, I visited various places such as Bondi Beach, and The Art Gallery of NSW was a big standout with awesome paintings, although some parts were closed for renovations, but I will see the rest next time. The house sized paintings were my immediate faves, but there was a lot we missed, that I must see next time! I also went to the Museum of Contemporary Art too, but I did not enjoy it very much, so much for being a post-modernist! My fave pieces were all at the Art Gallery, and were very much of the classical tradition!

Also had the best ice cream ever at Baskin Robbins at Circular Quay. The Citrus Twist is DEFINITELY THE BEST THING I'VE EVER TASTED! I have to try the new one that's opened in the city here, and if they don't have that flavour, all hell will break loose.

The John Mayer concert rocked! We were a fair bit back, but I could still make out the man himself. It was a highly enjoyable show, although the set was short (70 mins), and a lot of my fave songs were missed out. Ben Kweller sucked majorly. But I am in love with the Sydney Entertainment Centre, now I have a mission to play there someday, cause it just craps over everything we have in my city. Mayer's voice was in fine form, as was his playing, he is a delight live, as well as in albums. No mistakes at all, although he did a variation on the riff from Vultures which I did not enjoy as much as the proper riff. But it was great to be part of I suppose, since it was my first real concert (Hi-5 doesn't count)! Great energy in that place.

Right now I have an essay to do by the end of the week, even though I have been granted an extension, I don't want it hanging over me when uni starts up again. I also have an interview with a rather large world famous company on Monday which requires me to go to Sydney again, but that'll only be an overnighter. I'm a lil scared by it though, cause my application was so bad for that place, and I am also a lil sceptical as to having to move to an unfamiliar area. Anyway, this will just result in talk of my thoughts on the entire graduate recruitment process, which I have discussed in an earlier post, and need not be revisited. That's it for today folks, good to see everyone is alive and well, and posting! Have a nice day people!
blog comments powered by Disqus