Monday, January 08, 2007

Whip Those Fingers, Whip Them Good!

So it finally happened, I broke a string. After 3 years of the same strings on the good ol' Jordin, the High E snapped on me while strumming some chords softly, and the whip smacked me on the left pinky and it was horrible! The fretboard feels all weird without it now. Since I have no idea how to re-string an electric guitar I'm gonna wait till a friend comes back from interstate to re-string the entire guitar. However the nightly practice sessions are going damn well, and have mastered 2 more complete scales. I'm also going to have to resort to the Yamaha for my playing now while I break in the new strings when I get them. Hopefully they don't snap, cause it'd be crap to break strings on a fairly new guitar, and especially on a floating bridge!!

I was wrong, and it seems the next installment of the Joaquin Rate List is probably the biggest addition ever!! It just grew so out of hand!! There will be a few surprises as well as shocks methinks.

Had some people over from interstate the other day who I haven't seen in about 7-8 years, and they absolutely loved the guitars. One had only played in High School for standard music classes and she hadn't forgotten a thing, her theory was absolutely superb. I told her to play a D Minor chord and she formed it and I asked how she knew that was the formation and she said "well it'd have a minor third in it" and I was floored, amazing stuff. I taught her Sixpence None The Richer's Kiss Me with no problems at all. Her older sis (a mean classical violinist in her own right) also took a big shine to it.

Well it's time for more practice, so have fun folks! JRL update soon!
blog comments powered by Disqus