Tuesday, January 16, 2007

All The Girls I Know Are Depressed

Well I think they are anyway.

Still practicing like a psycho maniac! My playing has improved to quite a scary level. Been messing about with other alternate tunings such as EBEF#BE and DADFCE. Interesting, I composed a song in the first tuning which I think kicks absolute ass, and I cannot wait to show the other. DADFCE is a bit of a thoughie, as I am a bit more used to DADGAD as I can use some Justin King like tapping when I need to get away in a tough spot. But there aren't the same harmonised strings, so you have to know precisely where you want to be at all times. I attempted Don Alder's DRDR, to horrible effect (without my high E I'm a bit lost), but I did manage to get some of the slow melodic bit down so I'm quite proud.

I have been alternating between the high action (it's got action like a bloody egg slicer) acoustic and the new electric, and that's going damn well. I'm sooo in the market for an Ovation or even a small model Martin (I can't get around dreadnaught bodies too well cause I'm not very tall).

Anyway, I know I still haven't updated the Joaquin Rate List, but I promise it will be done ASAP! We're having work done on power lines tomorrow so we're not going to have power throughout the day when it's going to be absolutely cooking so I don't know how the hell I'm going to survive.

The other has returned to Bangers from his mini trip and he mentioned something about blogging sometime soon so be on the lookout for that!
Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus