Monday, January 22, 2007

The String Incident of '07

I should have mentioned last time that I finished RTW! It was a bit of an anti-climax. I had made the last faction retreat to a small town at the edge of the South East part of the World Map and I just steam rolled them and that was the end of the game. I started up a campaign in the expansion pack, but not with the same zeal as I did with the original so I'm not getting much of that in.

Back to uni on the 19th, which is still a month away. I watched the entire season of Treasure Hunters in one day and it was awesome! I loved the puzzles, it was excellent! Very different to The Amazing Race. It has been absolutely frying lately so I've been sleeping in a lot. I'm going to get in Borat tonight as well as re-stringing my old guitar.

Taking off the old strings was an ordeal and a half. There was a lot of dirt in the saddles so the ball end of the strings would not pop out and I had to find a way to pry them loose but I got them all out, gave everything a clean and now I'm putting on some slightly heavier gauge coated strings so hopefully they will be durable. However, it still took a good 2 hours. I've never re-strung an electric before so it should be good to see what happens.

I've also changed my speaker settings to Stereo Surround, because the signal is just so much stronger, I'm just hoping that it doesn't effect 3d sound in my games, I'll have to give that a test soon enough. You know there are 14 additions to the JRL that are still yet to go up??! How shocking, I WILL GET TO IT, I SWEAR!

Had a massive slushie the other day and it was excellent, I'm craving another one already! I also finally bought a Stereo to Stereo socket plug so I can plug my guitar into the computer and play some great stuff. I'll get some audio editing stuff so I can dub some stuff, the sound is spectacular through my new guitar, with a dual humbucker set up.

Alright, next time the JRL update will come and you can all rejoice. I shall get to my game sound testing now. Have fun people!
blog comments powered by Disqus