Saturday, August 19, 2006

Who Doesn't Know What I'm Talking About?

So I haven't been up to a hell of a lot really. Ever since uni has started up for the semester, it's just been the usual for me. School Mon-Thurs, big sleep on Fri, then study Sat and Sun. Just that over and over. Then there was also the self imposed exile for which I must thank the other profusely for, as he took me in and I was able to listen to some of his newer tracks which sound fantastic. It was a good evening, steak, chocolate cake, wine and 4 player Ghost Recon on the XBox, absolute bliss I must say.

School is funny you know, no matter how much work you do, there will always be a time where work just starts piling up and starts to drown you so that you have no choice but to work like a psycho. I am now in one of those situations. Hopefully over the next 2 weeks I can get all my crap done. I think I am also going to Brisbane next month, which should be good as I have never been to Qld before. I look forward to the warm weather and slutty tweens.

There was a time when I feared for my guitar playing, as I had been using only my fingers to play, and when using a pick again recently it felt like I was carrying a brick and I was playing like a git. Luckily, with steady practice and discipline I have worked hard and now I can properly hybrid pick (some lines are even more complicated than Mr Johnson himself) so I am quite pleased. I have gotten myself back up to the speed and accuracy that I gained at the end of the last holidays. I haven't had the time to write lyrics in ages, but I have some absolute brilliant ideas for some good riffs I have come up with.

Well as I mentioned, I better do my work, so expect another update sometime very soonish! Have a nice day people.
blog comments powered by Disqus