Sunday, May 20, 2018

For the waste of our lives...

We all end up in the same place anyway.

It will be an effort to try to blog a bit more often than I was before anyway.  Luckily, I have had a few blognotes to get through - even though I don't seem to have a file for them on my computer anymore.  Instead, I've just been e-mailing ideas to myself.

What I'm annoyed about these days is the lack of a proper blog client for ios.  I've tried android and it sucked, so I'm back using a decent system.  But now there's no more blogger app, and blogging through the chrome app suckssssss.  Why make things harder?  It's not fun to pay for an app and then have it disappear a few years later.  Oh well, that's life.

In terms of social media, it's a funny thing.  Blogger used to be huge.  Now people are on tumblr, instagram, and vlogging through youtube.  Blogging in this form is a lost art I guess.  People have no patience for reading and have to interact through the world with no imagination anymore.

Social media as a whole is a bad thing.  The instant comparison and focus on externalities - other people's lives, has made people more obsessed with what they don't have and what they can get, they have lost sight of what they already have, and that it is sufficient.  I'm glad we are seeing a blacklash to that now - I pity the young minds that have to grow up with this kind of pressure on them now.

What was the other thing I wanted to talk about?  Network security?  Privacy?  I don't know, I might have to come back to that at another point.

I was checking the stats on the blog again, and it was interesting to see how many Russian and Ukrainian hits we have.  Are these all bots looking for a point of exploitation?  Food for thought. 

There's no time for anything anymore.  Ok.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus